Last updated: 8/9/2016
QYC News Feed
There is a new section on the website called the QYC News Feed. As the pace of our information updates increase, the task of sorting and organizing information on this main page becomes more difficult to maintain and less useful to our members. The QYC News Feed will provide an area that we can post on and you can easily follow announcements, articles or other items of interest. And for those of you who might be interested, that page is our RSS feed, so you can subscribe and receive updates using tools like Feedly, FeedReader, or any other related tools.
- There is a Special Meeting on Sept 3rd at 10am in the clubhouse. We hope you can attend, but if you can’t then please send in your Proxy form. Please contact Greg or Susan with any questions.
- Our next club dinner – provided by Hart’s Turkey Farm will be Sept 3rd at 6:00 PM. Tickets are $15.00 /adult and $7.50/child. Please pay and RSVP to Joan Schurman. More details are on this post.
- The Board has received and approved the Boat Size Policy from the Committee. More details are on this post.
- If you still need stickers and/or keys, please contact Wes or Stan (Contact info is on the BOD page). Please bring boat insurance papers with you.
- Fees 2016: A/C – $50, Pumpout – $50, Ice – $25, Clubhouse – $3 (only if you need a key)
Member Update from Board of Directors, Summer 2016
- The BOD would like your help. If you are interested in forming or joining a group to help out, please get in touch with a director. Things like Social, Facilities, Maintenance are some of the areas that we are thinking of, but are open to your ideas.
- Owners that rent may rent their slip only one time per season. It is the responsibility of the slip owner or rental agent to inform the renter of 1) the allowable boat length for his slip, 2) proof of insurance with QYC as additionally insured and 3) QYC rules and regulations (including Boat Size Policy). Please remember that proof of insurance for renters and owners must be provided to QYC BOD before boat is put in slip. Slip owner must inform a board member the name, address, phone number and email address of all renters.
- Dog owners must provide proof of liability coverage on homeowners/renters insurance.
- Boat stickers will not be required this year. Parking stickers will be required since parking continues to be a problem especially during holidays. Owners need to provide renters with temporary stickers for guests which are located on bulletin board.
Please consult a board member should you have any questions.
Learn how to make Boating Knots!
Visit the Animated Knots by Grog website. They also have an IPhone app.
Anyone need to get licensed for New Hampshire boating? The winter is a great time to take the online boat course and learn about the rules and regulations. Please be sure you are familiar with New Hampshire boater education law concerning age and education requirements for vessel operators of all ages. Visit the New Hampshire Boater Education Website…
Member Benefit: QYC is a cooperating group of Boat U.S.
To get a 50% discount, visit the Members Only page to get more information.
Members, please be advised:
- All owners & renters must register
- All Owners and Renters must submit their boat insurance policy at registration.
- Owners who bring their dogs to QYC must also have $300,000 minimum personal liability insurance on their home insurance policy. The Club could be liable for anything over the covered policy amount. Because of this liability issue, renters will not be allowed to have dogs at the Club. This no-dog policy also pertains to guests.
- At time of registration, renters will be issued the rules and regulations of Quayside Yacht Club.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Your QYC Board of Directors