Last updated: 6/21/2016
- There are very high winds, and boats are being tossed around. Please ensure boats are well and properly secured. Please tie off low on the posts and avoid tying to posts with electrical conduit. The use of snubbers is highly encouraged to prevent damage. Ask a director if you have any questions or concerns.
- Trexler gas improvement construction has begun. Please keep an eye out for work areas around the clubhouse and the lighthouse. Construction should be done in early July.
- If you still need stickers and/or keys, please contact Wes or Stan (Contact info is on the BOD page). Please bring boat insurance papers with you.
- Fees 2016: A/C – $50, Pumpout – $50, Ice – $25, Clubhouse – $3 (only if you need a key)
- Our next club dinner – provided by Hart’s Turkey Farm will be July 2nd at 6:00 PM. Tickets are $15.00 /adult and $7.50/child. Please pay and RSVP by June 26th to Joan Schurman. Click here to download the flyer for more details.
Member Update from Board of Directors, Summer 2016
- The BOD would like your help. If you are interested in forming or joining a group to help out, please get in touch with a director. Things like Social, Facilities, Maintenance are some of the areas that we are thinking of, but are open to your ideas.
- (Update 6/3/2106) The Board of Directors voted unanimously to lift moratorium on boat length, primarily due to missteps in establishing a moratorium at the outset. You’ll recall that at our annual meeting, a Committee was established to review this matter and provide their insights and recommendations to the Board of Directors. The Board will refer to the current By-Laws and Declaration of Covenants and Restrictions for guidance on boat length until a recommendation by the committee is submitted and the Board can review and establish the best way forward.
- (Update 5/30/2016) The Board of Directors met on 5/30/2016 and voted Susan Donnelly (Slip 77), Stan Pollack (Slip 42), and Greg DePasse (Slip 43) as interim directors. The new Board voted on officers.
- (Update 5/28/2016) After the Annual Member meeting, 3 Directors resigned. Wes Schurman and Bill Paro remain on the board and will follow bylaw 4-400 to fill the vacancies.
- Owners that rent may rent their slip only one time per season. It is the responsibility of the slip owner or rental agent to inform the renter of 1) the allowable boat length for his slip, 2) proof of insurance with QYC as additionally insured and 3) QYC rules and regulations. Please remember that proof of insurance for renters and owners must be provided to QYC BOD before boat is put in slip. Slip owner must inform a board member the name, address, phone number and email address of all renters.
- Dog owners must provide proof of liability coverage on homeowners/renters insurance.
- Boat stickers will not be required this year. Parking stickers will be required since parking continues to be a problem especially during holidays. Owners need to provide renters with temporary stickers for guests which are located on bulletin board.
Please consult a board member should you have any questions.
Learn how to make Boating Knots!
Visit the Animated Knots by Grog website. They also have an IPhone app.
Anyone need to get licensed for New Hampshire boating? The winter is a great time to take the online boat course and learn about the rules and regulations. Please be sure you are familiar with New Hampshire boater education law concerning age and education requirements for vessel operators of all ages. Visit the New Hampshire Boater Education Website…
Member Benefit:QYC is a cooporating group of Boat U.S.
To get a 50% discount, visit the Members Only page to get more information.
Members, please be advised:
- All owners & renters must register
- All Owners and Renters must submit their boat insurance policy at registration.
- Owners who bring their dogs to QYC must also have $300,000 minimum personal liability insurance on their home insurance policy. The Club could be liable for anything over the covered policy amount. Because of this liability issue, renters will not be allowed to have dogs at the Club. This no-dog policy also pertains to guests.
- At time of registration, renters will be issued the rules and regulations of Quayside Yacht Club.
Quayside Yacht Club, Inc.
PO Box 1254
Merrimack, NH 03054
Thank you for your cooperation.
Your QYC Board of Directors